UMC's Mission, Vision and Standards Include:
Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
General Job / Performance InformationEducation and Experience
- M.D., D.O., with current medical license in State of laboratory's location and board-certified in clinical pathology or possess qualifications equivalent to those required for certification or
- M.D., D.O., with current medical license in State of laboratory's location and one year training/experience in high complexity testing in respective specialty, or
- Doctorates in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science and one year training/experience in respective subspecialty, or
- Masters in clinical laboratory science, medical technology or chemical, physical or biological science and two years training/experience in high complexity testing respective subspecialty, or
- Bachelors in clinical laboratory science, medical technology, or chemical, physical or biological science and fou years training/experience in high complexity testing respective subspecialty
Five plus years of experience as a Technologist at University Medical Center or an institution relevant in size and laboratory levels.
- The work is of high risk for exposure to biological and chemical hazards.
- The work involves daily interaction with nursing in all areas of the hospital, as well as other departments and administrative sections within the hospital.
- Under the direction of the Laboratory Director, the Supervisor Medical Technologist III (Technical) supervises and performs waived, moderate and high complexity biological and chemical analyses on patient samples. Through experience, the Supervisor Medical Technologist III (Technical) oversees the technical and day to day operations of the section. The Supervisor Medical Technologist III (Technical) is expected to display a high level of judgment in all aspects of his/her job performance as well as any additional duties that may be assigned. The Supervisor Medical Technologists III (Technical) works together with the Lab Section Manager to ensure both technical and operational requirements for the department are met.
- MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP) or Equivalent. Specialty examination or equivalent/education
- MINIMUM: Meet criteria listed in Section 493.1461 of the Code of Federal Register
- The work of the Supervisor Medical Technologist III may demand continuous standing and walking. The work may also demand frequent sitting, reaching, and may include bending and kneeling. The Supervisor Medical Technologist III may also be required to carry items over 50 pounds. Near visual acuity is required as well as testing for visual color discrimination. The Supervisor Medical Technologist III must be able to communicate verbally. The hours of duty may be irregular to accommodate departmental requirements for patient care.
- Extensive knowledge of medical technology with emphasis on technical departmental requirements, supervision, financial and administrative functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website