Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
General Job / Performance Information
- Education and Experience
- Prefer (1) one year housekeeping or floor tech experience in a related field.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- Works in a well-lighted, heated and ventilated building. Hours may vary to accommodate needs in the department as prescribed by the philosophy of the hospital. May work in other areas than assigned when needed. Exposure to blood borne pathogens is high risk.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- This position requires close interaction with medical staff and ancillary areas in order to facilitate a quality multi-disciplinary approach to patient care and safety.
- Job Description
- This job description/performance appraisal form does not describe all job responsibilities that may be assigned to this job. Job responsibilities may change from time-to-time. Responsible for assisting supervision with assigned staff, performing cleaning/project work (i.e. Floor/Carpet Care, etc.), provide support to coordinate and complete minor maintenance task, moves and set-ups. Conducts employee training/development necessary to meet established performance standards, teamwork and service criteria. Perform area inspections to evaluate and monitor quality performance, efficiency, and customer satisfaction and infection control standards. Maintain current area specific records, supply/equipment and inventory control. Demonstrate strong customer service and interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with all levels of management and personnel. Perform and completed all other housekeeping and linen distribution duties assigned.
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- Physical Capabilities
- Sufficient mobility and dexterity of both arms and legs to safely operate hand and power type tools and equipment. Mechanical devices may not be such that they interfere with safety aides (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment. Ability to lift/move various types of equipment, supplies/chemicals, and furniture of light/medium weight. Work requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, pushing, and pulling, lifting and stretching.
- Skills and Abilities
- Requires reading, writing and counting skills as well as performing calculations related to quality assurance and improvement inspections. Required to monitor and report issues related to quality and service improvement opportunities. Mental and visual ability required in operating floor cleaning equipment and other equipment used in Environmental Services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website