Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization – and we're passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future. We believe in:
Hiring and retaining exceptional employees at every level
Providing training, development and career planning
Instilling the belief that our customers are key to our long-term success
Encouraging a strong sense of responsibility, involvement and commitment
Recognizing and rewarding both individual and team efforts
As a Tools Product Development Manager at United Rentals, you will act as a single point of contact for Tools & Industrial products and services to support our internal sales team. You will be a subject matter expert resource for Tools & Industrial Solutions and provide consultative selling, training for internal customers and sales project support to customers for new and existing product lines. You will educate other Company business units on Tools & Industrial Solutions products and applications.
In this key role, you will drive profitable revenue for the company through lead sharing and trade area cooperation. In addition, your strategic vision will guide our growth and drive your career achievement.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Target and focus on the development of tools market share for Tools & Industrial division within District(s) or assigned geography
- Work closely with Strategic Account Managers, Government Account Managers, National Account Managers and local Sales Representatives, to provide their larger customers Tools & Industrial Solutions custom solutions, services and knowledge expertise
- Accompany Sales Representatives, as subject matter expert, on more complex sales calls and assist Sales Representatives in selecting the proper solutions to provide the customer with the most cost effective savings
- Develop & conduct Tools & Industrial Solutions training, to create awareness to drive growth and market share
- Work closely with corporate sales/business intelligence, assist in providing leads to sales representatives using SFDC, Dodge, PEC and other information tools.
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 7 + years of solutions sell experience preferably in the industrial sector
- Firm working knowledge of existing and up and coming Tools & Industrial Solutions products/applications and how they are used in the rental market
- Current valid driver's license with a safe driving record and the ability to travel 80% of the time within assigned territory
- Strategic selling and advanced negotiation and customer service skills
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, and research skills
- Able to properly asses, quote, and secure large projects through solution bases selling
- Proficient with SFDC, Dodge, PEC or other CRM software; Proficiency with MS Office (specifically Word, and Excel)
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles: Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Part Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match/RRSP; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, part time eligibility in select provinces
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Apply on company website