Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in conjunction with the Controller and Assistant Controller in the day-to-day operations related to investment and treasury accounting, general and intercompany accounting including (but not limited to) generating journal entries, analyzing activity for accuracy/reasonableness and reviewing monthly account reconciliations and financial statements.
- Oversee the investment and treasury operations process managed by the accounting team, including derivatives hedging and cash management and debt related activities.
- Assist with leading efforts associated with the IBS Core Transition, GL, loans and deposits workstreams.
- Supervise and direct the activities of the staff accountant team.
- Manage roll-out of Blackline and Intellimatch to certain subsidiary or business area processes.
- Own the accounting and certain operational aspects of Valley's broker dealer, VFM, including managing the month end close process and monthly and quarterly regulatory report preparation.
- Analyze monthly and quarterly financial results, including preparation of detailed analytics and investigating unusual or significant differences with various stakeholders across the bank.
- Oversee GL maintenance and system setup related items for the GL hierarchy, profit center/cost center hierarchy, and SAP S4 setup.
- Utilize SAP S4 Hana and SAP AO to design new reports and automate current processes.
- Manage the accounting for the Bank's Other Real Estate Owned (OREO) portfolio activities (transfer, valuation, disposition) including (but not limited to) review and approval of Property Management transfer and disposition memos/journal entries, analyzing activity for accuracy/reasonableness, performing impairment analysis and subsequent write-down, preparing monthly account reconciliations and quarterly reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee the Bank's prepaid/defer expense accounting and reconciliations, including review of recording the prepaid/deferred asset, amortization period and expense allocation, identifying assets that have fully amortized requiring an accrual.
- Lead the Bank's Tax Credit accounting and reconciliations, including review of recording the asset and amortization.
- Subject matter expert and reviewer of certain accounting estimates, including management's analysis of the valuation of mortgage servicing right assets and accrued expenses (medical, consulting, examination fees).
- Review the Purchased Credit Deteriorated (PCD) loan discount portfolio including (but not limited to) the analysis of activity for accuracy/reasonableness and preparing monthly account reconciliations.
- Provide general accounting support to Bank's operating subsidiaries and affiliates including (but not limited to) review of invoices for proper approval and allocation as well as submission to accounts payable for processing, maintenance of fixed assets sub-ledger, generating journal entries, analyzing activity for accuracy/reasonableness and preparing monthly account reconciliations and financial statements.
- Perform master data maintenance (open, close, maintenance of GL accounts and cost centers).
- Subject matter expert and Leader of the Bank's quarterly and annual loan origination deferred cost analysis and update.
- Lead the periodic review of stale/aged GL accounts review and closure.
- Assist and contribute to the preparation of Valley National Bancorp's quarterly reporting (press release, 10Q/10K filing and Annual Report).
- Provide assistance to regulators and auditors (both external and internal) for the completion of their review.
- Assist with systems transformation initiatives as required.
Apply on company website