The Escrow Tax Clerk, under close supervision, will disburse real estate tax payments on all escrowed accounts. Prepare checks and/or wires to insurance agencies and municipalities as required to facilitate timely payment of taxes and insurance premiums. Work with other bank employees, taxing authorities, borrowers, Corelogic and Lereta to provide quality customer service. Cross-train on closing statements, payoffs, GL reconciliations, risk rating input and involvement in special projects, as needed. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Update real estate tax and insurance information on loan records in Miser as tax bills become available.
- Process escrow disbursements on Miser loan records. Reconcile and remit tax payments to municipalities and premium payments to insurance companies via wire or check.
- Review weekly open item reports and contact the taxing authorities to obtain the amount due on accounts that Bank has not received disbursements listings or bills on. All open items are to be paid manually to ensure prompt payment and avoid any penalty for late payments.
- Research delinquent status for non-escrow accounts, if applicable. Work with borrowers and lenders to obtain proof of payment as applicable.
- Maintain full compliance with all regulatory requirements and the Bank's Policy and Procedures.
- Cross-train with other department members involving closing statements, payoff statements, risk rating input, GL reconciliation and other projects, as requested.
Apply on company website