The Dispute and Fraud Operations Manager will develop and build the organizational structure to coordinate dispute management and fraud detection efforts across all payment channels as the 1st Line of Defense (1st LOD) to support an Enterprise Wide Fraud Management Program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee team tasked with monitoring customer account opening activities, investigate dispute/fraud incidents, mitigates potential fraud losses, performing root cause analysis, identify lessons learned, and educating employee and customers to raise fraud awareness.
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to strategically develop, implement and optimize dispute/fraud processes, tools, and policies to achieve performance objectives while mitigating risk.
- Establish procedures and coordinate first level alert reviews to identify potential fraud events. Escalate and liaise with Operations management, Corporate Risk & Fraud, Investigations & Security (2nd Line of Defense) and Audit (3rd Line of Defense) to ensure alignment.
- Identify teams across multiple channels and organizations by defining/implementing common processes, procedures, alerts, monitoring incident management and reporting.
- Develop, execute and lead action plans for resolving the most common causes for dispute, through collaboration with operations, finance, compliance, external partners, etc.
- Define and implement an organizational transition plan to consolidate multiple dispute/fraud teams and manage this team while meeting the business needs, responding to changing fraud trends, driving efficiency and ensuring effective fraud alert management.
- Responsible for effectively performing and substantiating chargebacks to contain fraud losses within the operational loss forecast; to Compliance for meeting Regulation E obligations and following its own procedures; and to Customer Care for meeting SLAs to limit and address dispute related customer contact and responding to Customer Care questions regarding ongoing or completed disputes.
Apply on company website