As a Banking Service Professional, the Personal Banker will provide effective support of sales and service activities within various branches on a rotating basis, developing new business by educating existing and potential clients and exemplifying Valley's quality service standards. Provides a variety of banking solutions by analyzing needs, recommending solutions and selling bank products and services to existing and potential clients within the division. Perform a variety of routine banking transactions (teller and platform), while supporting the Market Manager in achieving quality service and complying with operational procedures at the assigned location. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service in accordance with Valley's mission statement. Ability to engage customers with friendly and professional service.
- Knowledge of all Bank products and services and ability to educate and demonstrate customers on such, as well as cross sell various products and services.
- Ability to present a confident and professional demeanor to establish trust and gain knowledge from the customer. Analyze needs and recommend appropriate products and services.
- At the direction of the District Operations Manager, must have the ability to travel to various branch locations to provide coverage which will continue to ensure high levels of customer service within the branch network.
- Meets with customers to analyze financial needs and maximize sales opportunities. Offers all bank products and assists with other service needs, opens new accounts, i.e. checking, savings, certificate of deposit and IRAs, discusses/sells loan products to existing and prospective customers and possesses knowledge of on-line banking and mobile banking abilities to promote and demonstrate to customers.
- Responsible for meeting customer expectations and achieving service quality standards. Participates/oversees the sales referral process ensuring customer financial needs are met and assists management in coaching and mentoring branch staff members.
- Ability to perform all transactions required by a customer and use appropriate technology to provide services most effectively and efficiently. Maintain and balance a cash box. Ability to utilize technology such as Teller Scanning Equipment, Cash Recycling and Cash Dispensing machines and support customers in the use of Coin Machines.
- Act as Vault Teller ensuring adequacy of Branch cash for daily transactions by assisting the branch staff in ordering and shipping currency & coin and controlling & distributing cash to Tellers in prescribed limits.
- Report all significant matters, issues and unusual customer activity to Manager maintaining personal knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with the Bank's Code of Conduct and all policies and procedures.
Apply on company website