The Training Manager manages all training specialists who facilitate the training program(s) for the Retail organization. Works in conjunction with the Director of Learning and Development and internal business groups to assess & evaluate training needs & develop training materials & plans to improve individual, organizational or customer performance. Prepares and delivers class materials in an engaging and professional manner and evaluates instructor performance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the development, management, delivery, effectiveness and evaluation of all assigned training programs and offerings.
- Responsible for managing day to day work and performance of Retail Training Specialists including providing feedback and completing performance evaluations.
- Lead by example and model preferred training behaviors to ensure successful rollouts of new and or redesigned programs.
- Evaluate instructor performance and provide coaching and plans for improvement. Ensure instructors stay current on learning techniques and strategies.
- Outline the concepts for a course or curriculum, defining the course content delivery, assessments, accompanying materials and learning approaches, ensuring that programs are consistent across the Valley organization.
- Design, develop, deliver and evaluate online & eLearning programs. Programs may be traditional & new e-learning courses, webinars (live or recorded), video shorts, gamified learning & other online learning mechanisms.
- Collaborate both face to face and virtually with other members of the Learning and Development team and other work groups to ensure business objectives are met through effective learning solutions.
- Work in partnership with subject matter experts to ensure training aligns with goals, policies/procedures of the organization and the criteria of curriculum design and evaluation. Continuously evaluate and update presentations, job manuals and job aides.
- Design and implement strategy to optimize knowledge in support of meeting and exceeding operational and internal goals and metrics.
- Perform all duties required for e-learning content launch, including course upload, testing, user assignment and notifications.
- Research computer learning software for delivering content to associates. Make recommendations for purchase and implementation of these potential resources.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current and future training and communication offerings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Display consistent self-development and keep up to date of industry trends through research, meetings and self-learning to enhance personal and departmental learning and development.
- Ensures the integrity, consistency and quality of the work of trainees through advocating for processes and decisions, management feedback and driving new procedures and ideas.
- Develop, administer and collect post class survey data. Present results to L&D Director.
Apply on company website