Description Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada Ontario Branch
Employment Status: Casual
Program: Assisted Living
Schedule: Days, Evenings, Overnights, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: CUPE
On Call: Yes
The PSW provides personal care in a respectful and caring manner within the framework of the VON Care and Service Model, policies and procedures. The successful candidate will work effectively as part of a multi disciplinary team providing client focused care with good problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
The successful candidates will be responsible for providing personal support services such as assistance with dressing, personal hygiene, mobility and other activities of daily living. They will also provide homemaking services such as light housekeeping, planning and preparing meals and shopping for clients. The PSW will assist seniors to live as safely and independently as possible.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate/Diploma
- Secondary Education preferred
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Ability to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to change and work in various social and economic environments
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- Valid driver's license & use of a reliable vehicle with current car insurance
- Current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Apply on company website