DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
House Supervisor Administration- Registered Nurse (RN) Nursing Administration Part-Time-Mixed Shifts- FTE 0.6
Westside Regional Medical Center
We're always on the move. You will find it is an exciting time at Westside Regional Medical Center, a 250-bed medical center and healthcare complex. Westside Regional offers the community the latest in minimally invasive spine and colorectal surgery and is one of only nine Joint Commission certified centers in the United States for minimally invasive colorectal surgery. Not only are we certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Agency for Health Care Administration (ACHA), but also certified as a Thrombectomy Capable Center by the Joint Commission. We are teaching and research facility, offering Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs in podiatry, surgery and internal medicine. Since our founding in 1974 we have been committed to expanding and improving every facet of the organization, devoting significant time and resources to enhancing the facility, staff and medical care.
At Westside, we care like family! We invite you to explore opportunities with a family-oriented team of more than 1,200 professionals, along with almost 750 physicians that thrive in a fast-paced but friendly work environment. At Westside Regional Medical Center, our medical services combined with compassionate care, illustrate why we are one of the leading healthcare facilities in South Florida.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
We are seeking for a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurse to serve as House Supervisor. The Nursing Supervisor manages and coordinates the implementation procedures that will benefit all patient care activities and the personnel who perform them, during evening, night and weekend shifts. As a House Supervisor some of your task and responsibilities will be to:
- Actively participates in orientation of nursing supervisors.
- Confer with the Department Manager regarding employee counseling needs and disciplinary action in accordance with department procedures.
- Consider overall function of the hospital when making decisions, including consideration of entire scope and ramification of situation.
- Consult with and advise administrator on call of situations requiring follow-up or specific attention.
- Coordinate staffing to ensure continuity, appropriate level of care and maximum utilization of personnel for assigned shift.
- Demonstrate a complete awareness of legal aspects, patients' rights and hospital liabilities when making decisions.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude, acting as a role model for other staff members.
- Demonstrate ability to foresee potential problem situations ad intervenes to offset situations.
- Elicit evaluative feedback from patients, families and others in an attempt to resolve any unmet needs or opportunities.
- Ensure compliance to JCAHO and all applicable governmental agencies.
- Ensure familiarity with hospital emergency procedures and their role as Administrative Supervisor.
- Ensure follow-through on nursing office schedules and staffing sheets on all schedule changes.
- Ensure on-call departments are contacted and utilized as per policy and procedure i.e., Endo/GI, Surgery, Interventional Radiology.
- Ensure that all expirations are completed appropriately, including notification of the medical examiner, where indicated.
- Ensure that sick calls/absences are recorded on the daily sheets and in Facility Scheduler.
- Ensure that census, staff allowed on each unit according to matrix, staffing provided to each unit and variance on each unit are documented on the daily staffing sheets each shift.
- Investigate patient, visitor, employee and physician incidents and takes immediate action to resolve them, including follow-up.
- Maintain documentation of issues on the daily report sheet in Meditech and ensures communication to appropriate manager, where indicated.
- Maintain flexibility in supervision schedule and coverage in order to meet department needs.
- Make rounds on designated patients daily i.e., VIP, concerns, risks.
- Oversee the care rendered by personnel and reviews documentation where indicated.
- Participate in direct patient care, functioning as a role model.
- Participate in Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Provide feedback to the Department Manager regarding the performance of staff members, where appropriate.
- Read e-mail on a consistent basis in order to stay apprised of changes and information updates.
- Support Nursing Department and Hospital philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Utilize administrator on-call appropriately for the decision making process.
- Work in conjunction with the medical staff and admitting office to facilitate the appropriate admission, discharge and transfer of patients.
- Current RN License in the State of Florida
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Two (2) year Associate Degree (ASN) required
- Four (4) year Bachelor Degree (BSN) preferred or working towards same
Minimum of two (2) years current CriticalCare/Emergency clinical experience
Nursing Supervision experience preferred.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website