White Plains Hospital, a 292 bed, leading award-winning hospital, located 25 miles north of Manhattan, in White Plains, Westchester NY, is looking for NY licensed experienced Physician Assistant (PA) - Critical Care.All shifts include days, nights and some weekends.
- Full Time: 12.5 hours x 3 shifts
- 6am -6:30pm / 6 pm 6:30am
- All shifts include days, nights and some weekends
- closed ICU- covered by Intensivists 24/7
- covering Medical, Surgical, Cardiology cases
- Diverse patient population
- Competitive Compensation & benefits including CME, Tuition Assistance.
- Phenomenal collegial work environment
- Tremendous growth opportunities
- Magnet Designated Nurses and extremely supportive and dedicated professionals
- Exceptional Leadership
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision and 401(k)
- CME and Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Part of the Montefiore Health System
PA- CRITICAL CARE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treat illnesses. Consult with physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a PA's Scope of Practice.
- Facilitating care and management of patients admitted to the ICU.
- Consultation for potential ICU candidates from the ER, floor, or post-operative patients.
- Round on ICU/CCU inpatients and facilitate the appropriate care.
- Multi-disciplinary bedside rounds on each patient with the intensivist(s), nurse manager(s), bed-side nurse for each patient, clinical pharmacist, respiratory therapist, and nutritionist to determine a daily treatment plan or goal for each patient on the critical care service.
- Other duties as assigned
- Current New York State Licensed Physician Assistant
- Current National Certification
- Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
- Minimum one year work experience in critical care as a PA is required.
- New Grads with a residency or fellowship in Critical Care will be considered
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Great Place to Work
- Magnet Recognized
- AACN Beacon Award of Excellence for Critical Care
- U.S. News & World Report - Best Regional Hospital
- Joint Commissions Gold Seal of Approval
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award
- Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals
- AHA Designation as a primary stroke center
And many more.
ABOUT WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL
White Plains Hospital (WPH), a proud member of the Montefiore Health System, is a 292-bed not-for-profit health care organization located less than 25 miles from Manhattan, NY.
White Plains Hospital added 175 new members to its medical staff last year. Following a major facilities transformation in recent years, the Hospital now boasts new state-of-the-art operating suites and cancer center. Construction is also currently underway of a new Center for Advanced Medicine & Surgery, a nine-story, 252,000 sq. ft. ambulatory center scheduled to be opened in 2021. White Plains Hospital was the only Hospital in Westchester to be named Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World. White Plains Hospital is a proud member of the Montefiore Health System.
As we grow and expand our services, we are searching for candidates who value and exemplify teamwork and a commitment to customer service, quality and excellence. If yes - come grow with us and be a part of what is exceptional, every day
Apply on company website