Cat Footwear comes from a world of industry and action. A world where you can build anything. Where effort is everything. Where hard work pays off. Where others see obstacles, we see opportunity. We are Earthmovers. Distributed in more than 150 countries, the brand has grown from a small collection of work boots into a global lifestyle brand.
The Designer II creates product for CAT Footwear, specifically Work and Occupational Safety footwear. Focus on modern, progressive and contemporary styling for a more youthful and hardworking consumer. Designs executed to be consistent with briefs and the image of the brand; conceptualize and provide ideation sketches, rendered presentation artwork, material specifications and outsole details and control drawings - in line with market trends and generated within product development timelines.
- Develop and create illustrations of new design concepts for internal design reviews in accordance with the divisional product development process.
- Participate in field research to identify industry trends, competitive direction, customer expectations and consumer perceptions, and specific occupational needs; integrates research into thought process and design concepts.
- Partner with design leadership, product development and marketing to collaborate on moving design projects forward in order to maximize effectiveness.
- Continually assess and evaluate materials, components and constructions to be used.
- Create upper and sole unit tech packs that can be utilized by development engineers to build initial prototypes.
- Work through numerous revisions to hone the product throughout the design and footwear development process.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Apply on company website