If you're eager to become part of leading global supply chain logistics company that provides array of services, if you're ready to share and expand your Customs brokerage knowledge, become part of our great import CHB team, this job opportunity is for you!
We encourage teamwork , relationship building, and encourage a collaborative approach. We provide training, and appreciate working with exceptional individuals that can share their brokerage knowledge with the team. This is an opportunity to expand your expertise in Customs Brokerage/Freight Forwarding field, and build a career within our fast-paced growing branch! Apply now!
An ideal candidate is someone that follows the values of Yusen:
- Creative - strive to develop better ways of working - then act on them and share them with colleagues
- Committed - build relationships, show your dedication to qualify and get every detail right
- Connected - be open and transparent in the way you work and make sure you truly understand your customers' challenges
Come be part of our brokerage team to elevate your logistics career!
The Entry Writer II is responsible for the accurate and timely submission of customs entries for clearance of in-bound cargo through US Customs and facilitating the delivery of freight to customers. The Entry Writer serves as a customer advocate and must possess good customer service skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities;
- Receive and review documentation, to input and transmit data for CBP release of shipments.Follow SOPS for each customer on the correct method and data required for preparing an entry.
- Assist in classifying products according to the HTSUSA
- Identify products that are subject to PGA's
- Maitain system task list to identify the status of every entry through each phase of the CBP process
- Recognize routine and non-routine transactions for reporting discrepancies to management.
- Responsible for meeting KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) for Import operations
- Manage customs issues, such as holds and exams.
- Handle entry cancellations; IT/TE/IE moves as needed
- Handling carnets and TIB entries
- Identify and resolve issues that mahy result in delayed cargo release or final delivery
- Report all issues to customers and management affecting timely clearance and delivery in a timely manner.
- Report problem resolutions to management in a timely manner including suggestions for problem avoidance in the future.
- Communicate in writing or verbally with customers and managment all issues affecting specific urgent shipmentsTrack and trace shipments and coordinate with airlines, steamship lines, freight forwarders and CFS on the availability of imported shipments
- Arrange with trucking companies the pick-up and delivery of freight solutions to simplify and expedite cargo flowHandle accounting processes as they apply to CHB including the issuance of invoices to customers or overseas offices as well as the processing of payment requisitions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma and or GED, plus 2-5 years of experience and/or training as an entry writer or in customs broker operation and/or training is required.
- Must have sound knowledge of US Customs and Harmonized Tariff Codes.
- Familiarity with Free Trade Agreements required
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities – through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
<P class=x_x_x_MsoSubtitle style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" align=left><FONT color=#ffffff>JILPOST</FONT></P>
Apply on company website