Under the direction of the Supervisor the Lead Driver will coordinate the activities of the assigned shift Yard Drivers engaged in driving gasoline or diesel powered tractor-trailer combination to transport trailers/containers from one area to another by performing the following duties.
- Perform the duties of a Yard Driver at least 40% of the time.
- Directs Yard Drivers to assure that their time is utilized efficiently and that company policies and safety precautions are followed.
- Confers with management to coordinate flow of product.
- Assigns duties to Yard Drivers
- Recommends measures to increase efficiency and service quality.
- Ensures a clean and safe working environment.
- Duties and responsibilities are subject to change as directed by management.
- Directly oversees the work of 4-5 Yard Drivers. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and safety rules.
- Responsibilities include testing potential new Yard Driver candidates, training employees, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving minor problems.
- High School diploma and at least five years prior experience operating a yard tractor and/or tractor/trailer combined.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply on company website