Plans, organizes and executes all facets of daily activity involving the pre-scheduling, unloading, processing and loading of freight in order to accomplish timely, accurate, safe and cost effective shipment of goods to customer locations either personally or through a staff of supervisors.
- Ensures Facility housekeeping and the safe and injury-free operation of all activity conducted on a 24/7 basis related to the scheduling, unloading, processing, loading and shipping of freight.
- Oversees customer relationship and the meeting or exceeding of customer expectations in terms of LOS and KPI requirements including the timely, damage free and accurate shipment of goods.
- Plan and implement the efficient utilization of labor in order to achieve budgeted CPU and Units per Hour productivity objectives.
- Ensure the availability of a skilled workforce by collaborating with NYK Human Resources, Temporary Agencies and Safety Management in determining and delivering required training programs.
- Establish standard operational procedures (SOPs) and continuous improvement activities (kaizen) to achieve optimum efficiency and budgeted return on investment (ROI) objectives.
- Develop a highly productive staff of subordinates by actively participating in recruitment, selection, performance management, and reward/recognition programs.
- Ensure high levels of employee commitment to NYK's mission, vision, and values.
- Adhere to all NYK policies, procedures, and code of ethics.
- Provide for the safety and well-being of all subordinate personnel.
- Create and maintain high levels of employee productivity and engagement.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations pertaining to timeliness and quality of service.
- Actively participate in the development of annual operating budgets, capital investment, cost reduction, continuous improvement, and accident prevention programs.
- Demonstrate effective management planning, organizing, communicating, directing, controlling, and innovating skills.
- Effectively resolve customer service problems with timely customer interaction and problem-solving skills.
- Eight years of demonstrated supervisory or managerial experience in a high volume warehouse, preferably cross dock or transloading, distribution, manufacturing or similar environment.
- Prior experience with the preparation of operating budgets, capital improvement projects, cost reduction initiatives, and productivity improvement plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative relations among all levels of an organization.
- Computer literacy with MS Office Suite essential; prior experience with Warehouse Management and Yard Management Systems preferred and Manhatten Scale (WMS) a plus..
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Competencies, Working Skills and Attributes:
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrates ability to comply with YLA Core Competencies: Problem Solving & Decision Making, Accountability & Responsibility, Communication, Collaboration & Teamwork, and Customer Focus.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions. Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely. Be able to present oneself in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and work schedule.
- Review and analyze data and information.
- Plan, prioritize and monitor activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply on company website