Coordinates all records provided by drayage carriers. Prepares required reports and communicates data to customers and various departments. Plans and informs dock management of dock activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and updates daily performance shift goals to dock supervisors. Analyzes labor required to complete projected workload. Follows up on operational shortfalls.
- Coordinates and monitors arrival of priority containers with dock supervisors regarding priority containers such as airfreight and special projects.
- Responsible for establishing daily drayage forecast, vessel assignments, and coordinating with drayage partners, port authorities, terminal operators and customers to ensure daily/weekly goals are achieved.
- Maintains contact with carriers to collect data about daily performance.
- Analyzes and cross-references reports while coordinating with customer service and other staff to ensure movements of customer goods are properly performed.
- Prepares multiple monthly summary reports for facility and company leadership.
- Participates in weekly production calls with customers and daily production statuses with facility leadership to review current and upcoming operational needs.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree and 2 – 3 years' experience in warehouse, logistics, terminal operations or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experienced user with Microsoft Access, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of local harbor procedures and drayage carrier procedures required.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and work schedule.
- Review and analyze data and information.
- Plan, prioritize and monitor activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply on company website