The Supervisor will supervise and coordinate activities of workers concerned with receiving, storing, transporting, shipping, transloading and inventory of products by performing the following duties.
**Schedule for this position will be Sunday-Wednesday 6pm-4:30am**
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites work flow. Revises schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities and availability or capability of workers and equipment.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures. Distributes paperwork for product to be picked or processed. Answers questions regarding pick lists, bills of lading and bin replenishment.
- Advises employees on care of goods received, stored, and shipped; proper use of equipment; and related problems.
- Conducts operations in a manner which promotes safety; maintains clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors and/or managers to determine timetable required to ensure product is shipped on a timely basis.
- Confers with supervisor and other department supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide information on the timely shipping of customers' product. Confers with other department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities.
- Contacts carriers by phone in regards to pick up schedules, follow-ups.
- Coordinates the work flow required by staffing agency associates working in assigned area by checking them in and out at appropriate time, demonstrating to them what tasks have to be done and how they are to be accomplished. Monitors and evaluates individual work performance and makes recommendations to determine continued temporary work or consideration for employment by NLA.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and work schedule.
- Review and analyze data and information .
- Plan, prioritize and monitor activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and five years related experience as a warehouse supervisor and/or lead.
- Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets and Warehouse/Yard Management Systems is helpful.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short &
- Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. performs a key role in keeping world trade moving by offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, reverse logistics, intermodal and multimodal transportation, and supply chain solutions to some of the world's largest industries. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply on company website