Job Req ID: 496061
Position Number: 00148642
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: The hours will be varied between 6:30am till 7pm and weekends as needed.
Standard Hours: 24.00
Department Name: Dietary Services
Location: Atrium Health Cleveland
Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Coordinates the service between the patient and the department, to ensure that patient food preferences are met and that nutritional requirements are satisfied.
- Makes initial patient visit to determine nutritional needs and preferences.
- Gathers and processes menu selections and diet orders.
- Provides nutritional instruction and information to patients.
- Monitors meal and nourishment services to ensure that patients receive the correct food selections and are satisfied with the service.
- Writes menus for special, regular and modified diets.
- Prepares tube feedings and snack bags.
- Performs functions of the Nutrition Services Supervisor on a limited but regular schedule.
- Collaborates with other clinical and food service personnel.
About an equal amount of time is spent sitting, standing and walking. Consistently operates computer terminal or calculator. Reasonable amount of bending, stooping, kneeling and reaching. Routinely moves, lifts or carries up to 25 pounds, and on occasion, up to 50 pounds. Must have close and intermediate visual acuity. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High school diploma or GED required. Basic computer application skills required. Will be required to enroll in, and satisfactorily complete a course on Nutrition within the first six months of employment, if not certified. Certified Dietetic Technician preferred. One year of previous experience working with the public and keeping records required.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website