Job Req ID: 247101
Position Number: 00017140
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift Details: 7p - 7a
Standard Hours: 24.00
Department Name: NSG - ICU Medical 10L
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: Atrium Health's CMC (near uptown, Charlotte)
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
The patient population and cases in the Medical ICU are various and include ARDs, septic shock, liver failure, multiple organ failure, respiratory failure, gastrointestinal bleeds, oncology patients requiring a higher level of care, renal failure, sickle cell crises, and diabetic ketoacidosis. Our tasks include assisting with intubations, bedside procedures, titrating multiple drips, comfort care measures, transfers to off-unit procedures/tests, life support measures (including ECMO), and working with various specialty consults.
In addition to the bedside care we provide, we also work diligently as a team to brainstorm new ideas for delivering the highest quality and safest care. Our unit-based council earned the Heart of Nursing award January 2018 for setting an excellent example of unit-based shared governance. The Medical ICU team strives to create a culture where we hold each other accountable with respect and professionalism.
Atrium Health's Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) is the flagship hospital of Atrium Health, which is distinguished throughout the Southeastern United States for its excellent patient care and medical expertise. CMC serves as the region's only Level 1 Trauma center and is an approved transplant center for heart, kidney, pancreas and liver. We also serve as one of North Carolina's five Academic Medical Center Teaching Hospitals, providing residency training for more than 200 physicians in 15 specialties and serve as a satellite for the medical school at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with policies and procedures under the supervision of the supervisor and manager. Assists in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the age, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served.
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or potential diagnoses, problems, and issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected, measurable outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Promotes shared governance, or facility decision making activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Seeks knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice and promotes futuristic thinking.
- Evaluates one's own and other's nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required. Additional department specific physical requirements may be identified for unique responsibilities within the department by the department leader.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required; BSN preferred. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the department manager.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website