BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The primary purpose is to provide clinical support to the physician or advanced practice nurse, provide patient and family education, and work cooperatively with the remainder of the office structure
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Check the physician and/or APN schedules frequently for any add-ons or updates.
- Review the patient's medical record prior to visit to verify completeness, including having test results available.
- Room patients in a timely fashion making sure to identify patient and compare date of birth with chart.
- Obtain vital signs, height, weight, and accurate list of current meds and all pertinent information needed for the physician to assess the patient.
- May perform EKGs, lab testing, injections and venipuncture under supervision of Physician and APN according to office policy.
- Refill prescriptions according to office policy.
- Accurately arrange for various hospital procedures and tests to be scheduled. This includes precertification, authorizations, physician orders, communicating with the patient, and adding to the physician's schedule if indicated.
- Accurately complete medical forms, process and route billing information to appropriate staff. (Example disability forms etc.)
- Copy and release medical records according to office procedures.
- Documentation in the medical record shall be accurate, timely and complete.
- Provides education to the patient and/or family for all testing and medications that are ordered.
- Return phone calls to patients by the end of the business day.
- Notify physician immediately of any abnormal lab or testing results.
- Restock and clean exam rooms after use according to protocol.
- Uses the EHR to accurately document and inform physicians of patient interactions and may also be required to scribe.
- Comply with all office policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of information obtained in the course of performing duties.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assisting Program.
- Currently a Certified or Registered Medical Assistant.
- High School graduate
- Current CPR training
- Completion of all annual requirements including but not limited to OSHA, HIPAA, Safety, Employee Health service standards.
- Adheres to the hospital attendance policy
- Basic computer skills are required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Normally Monday through Friday; as required by patient volume with a lunch break daily. Lunch breaks are coordinated with other staff members for adequate coverage.
- May be subject to occasional overtime before or after normal working hours.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Subject to frequent moving/standing/sitting during working hours.
- Subject to blood and body fluid exposure
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. Aultman reserves the right to revise this job description. Employment with Aultman is at-will, meaning both Aultman and employees have the right to end the employment relationship at any time and for any reason. The at-will nature of this employment cannot be altered by and verbal statement or alleged verbal agreement. It may only be changed by a legally-binding written contract covering employment status. Aultman will reasonable accommodate employees or applicants with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation, unless such accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on Aultman or poses a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others that cannot be sufficiently mitigated by reasonable accommodation. Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment should notify the Human Resource Department and request such an accommodation.
Apply on company website