The Director of People Services is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management and serving as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful Director acts as an employee champion and change agent, while managing the needs of the business. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively as identified in partnership with the People Services department and business management, the Director seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The People Services Director maintains an effective level of business literacy about the organization's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
Essential Job Functions
- Consults with management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics for the organization and helps deploy solutions, programs and policies.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the resolution of complex employee relations issues.
- Partners with People Services Senior Leadership as needed/required.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the VP, People Services and legal department as needed/required.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and resource for field and corporate HR Business Partners and
- Managers to provide performance management guidance (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions), and ensures consistency across the organization.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Ensures ongoing HR Compliance and provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning as needed.
- Identifies training needs for business units and works with Learning and Development Team to implement.
- Partners with the Learning and Development Team and participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Leads a team of HR Generalists, Specialists, and/or Managers
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years of HR Business Partner/Generalist experience
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employee relations, diversity, and performance management
- Extensive knowledge of and expertise in ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws
- Strong listening and communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels of managers and employees
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to research and analyze data
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team
- Experience working with HRIS/Payroll systems
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or PHR or SPHR credential required
- Experience working in a healthcare environment a plus
- Experience managing leaders a plus
- Experience with Workday HCM, Payroll, or Absence functions preferred
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Aveanna does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Aveanna.
Apply on company website