The BAE Systems F-35 team is looking for a Project Control Analyst II to support the F-35 Lightning II Program in the successful delivery of discrete contracts to schedule, cost and quality.
The Mid Level Project Control Analyst is an experienced professional responsible for all aspects of Project Control and Governance to include cost, schedule, system and structure setup. They will act as a key internal and external point of contact on all aspects of the EVMS and Cost and Schedule Data.
The Mid Level Project Control Analyst takes responsibility for larger or more complex OBS areas and is specifically responsible for cost estimating, cost management, planning, controls, and project reporting. They will control and monitor the costs and budgets for their OBS area across all F-35 sustainment projects to provide high quality, concise and actionable project reporting and insight.
The Project Control Analyst is a key liaison between their assigned technical team and Program Management – they provide important Program Management expertise into the technical team they support and they provide vital technical and operational information from their technical team back into the core Program Management organization.
- Drive Project Control for contracts (core process governance, earned value management application control and maintenance of core dataset and toolsets)
- Ensure compliance with Operational Framework (LCM Phase 2c onwards), Air Sector PCSD and F-35 project management requirements for all activities
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team including technical control account managers
- Monitor and report project performance for schedule, technical, financial and quality objectives along with forecasting project outturn - This will include baseline setup and management activities
- Carry out root-cause analysis on ongoing projects to measure what is achieved based on progress reports and feedback to project delivery teams ensure timely completion
- Communicate summaries and recommendations to the Program Manager based on assessment of resources and achievability of forecasts
- Support all sustainment projects by providing valuable Project Control input into project execution and project strategies to frame project delivery
- Monitor progress of the work for timely execution of the project through weekly/monthly reports with respect to review of the overall project status and project control
- Manage the reporting structure of monthly status to the plan (CAM Reviews / Project Management Integration Reviews/ Executive Summary Reports for key issues etc…)
- Monitor and manage all Lockheed Martin dependencies to ensure the correct actions and targets are achieved
- Manage Risks, Opportunities and threats that will drive improved ability to achieve performance and cost targets
- Ensure clear communications between Program Management and technical team with all data and information between teams aligned and understood
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 3+ years progressive analyst experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Business/Project Management or equivalent additional relevant experience
- Understanding industry project management framework and application of principles, concepts, practices and standards along with wide application of technical principles.
- Self-starter who possess the skills to identify problems and resolve them unilaterally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A highly motivated individual with an ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, capturing information, prioritizing tasks and organizing effectively.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Ability to interface with people at different levels and skills within Lockheed Martin and BAE Systems organizations.
- Risk and opportunity management
- Customer stakeholder management
- Presentation of technical and business related information in a concise and coherent manner
- Desire to obtain PMP Certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website