BAE Systems provides engineering and technical services to a US federal government agency that in turn provides cyber infrastructure protection for U.S. Civilian Government agencies, State and Local government, and U.S. critical infrastructure. Our effort includes solution planning and engineering, defining requirements, development target architectures, interoperability and integration, system testing, verification and validation, studies and analysis, security validation, and project risk management. As part of this team, you will contribute to the engineering of current and emerging cybersecurity systems, policies, and processes to enforce standards and identify vulnerabilities and capability gaps, and reduce cybersecurity risk of our customer networks.
PRIMARY DUTIES: In this role, you will report directly to the program Chief Architect, and contribute expert analysis, advice, and planning guidance to our federal customer. You will provide and update enterprise security architectures, provide systems architecture analysis, analyze and produce security roadmaps, analyze existing systems, conduct trade studies and perform analysis of alternatives, and make recommendations. Work will regularly require you to interface directly with senior government personnel. Exceptional communication skills are required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10 years working experience
- 7 years past experience with computer network defense architectures, with an emphasis on edge-security type solutions (IDPS, NGFW, WAF, Proxy, security delivery platform, CASB, and similar).
- 3 years operational experience, either in SOC operations, or information assurance (system authorization).
- 3 years tangible experience with classified or law enforcement networks and operating environments
- Demonstrable knowledge of the purpose and capabilities of a highly robust set of security technologies and products, particularly recent development in security technology that may help large government organizations protect themselves more effectively
- Demonstrable knowledge of government security standards and policies (e.g., NIST 800-53, CNSSI-1253, and others).
Preferred Skills and Education
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidates with past working experience in the role as consulting system engineer directly with government customers are preferred
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training/certification, or work/military experience. Armed Services technical personnel are highly welcomed. CISSP and related certifications are not required, but preferred.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website