Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse RN Same Day Surgery you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Chippenham Hospital which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Weekend schedule: Friday, Saturday, SundayBenefits
Chippenham Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Chippenham Hospital!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) at Chippenham Hospitals Same Day Surgery Team, you will be a part of a dynamic team that is focused on fostering educational opportunities, specialty certifications and clinical ladder. Our Outpatient Surgery Center has 24 beds and on average we see approximately 800 patients monthly. We conduct various surgeries consisting of colorectal, general gynecology, oncology, ear nose and throat, urology, and general surgery.
- You will participate in a teamwork environment where you will be responsible for helping everyone in the department.
- As a member of this team you will monitor, record and communicate patient conditions as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Our nurses are responsible for preparing the patients for surgery as well as educating and discharging patients.
- As a nurse on our team you will be required to participate in On-Call rotation with a call back time of 30 minutes.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Licensed or license eligible, as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia through the Board of Health Professions.
- Minimum of 1 year of Critical Care or ED experience Required
- Same Day Surgery experience Preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification Required (ACLS, and PALS preferred)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
CJW Medical Center is comprised of Chippenham Hospital and Johnston-Willis Hospital. We have served the greater Richmond Virginia area for over 100 years. Our campuses offer services in orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health, cancer care, and neurology. We have been recognized as a top performer on Key Quality Measures. Our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse RN Same Day Surgery opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website