APPLICATION SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? The Senior Application Administrator will support one or several applications and the associated technical environment. A more in-depth knowledge is expected than that of the Applications Administrator. The Senior Application Administrator is an advanced senior professional with wide ranging experience who uses professional concepts to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways,
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Implement and support new software versions and new versions of systems software. This will include setting up software in development, QA, Production and DR environments.
- Provide technical assistance to projects.
- Incident and Problem Management including during and post-incident analysis.
- Researching and implementing new technology per project and support needs
- Set-up and support of workflow and job scheduler software
- Set-up, administration and support of interfaces and APIs
- Middleware configuration, administration and support
- Application environmental set-up, administration and support
- SLA management and reporting for applications
- Application support, issue management and escalation
- Vendor, T&I and business user liaison
- DR planning and participation in DR tests. Will understand how to set up, maintain and cutover to DR.
- May use specialist knowledge in one or several applications and supporting environment
- Will understand application use and access
- Will assist with the Technology Lifecycle Management Program for technology asset management.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience
- Minimum 7 years in Application Administration
- Minimum 7 years of experience with Microsoft Office, Project, and SharePoint.
- Domain knowledge of databases, hardware support, Cloud deployment and support and tools for application and systems administration.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Windows and/or Linux/UNIX server operating systems and environments.
- Knowledge of scripting and script automation
- Knowledge of SQL and/or Oracle databases. Ability to write SQL queries.
- Middleware knowledge (e.g. WebSphere, WebLogic, MQ) preferred
- Interface, API, workflow and job controller set up and support experience preferred.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website