PROJECT MANAGER III
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize Bank projects according to timelines, milestone events and within budget. This includes acquiring resources, capacity planning and coordinating and motivating all project team members, contractors and or consultants to flawlessly complete project deliverables. Project Managers help define project objectives, scope and requirements; and ensure high levels of development and project execution throughout its life cycle. City National Bank Project Managers must adhere to the CNB Project Management Lifecycle Methodology.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care. WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Assembles project team, assigns individual responsibilities, identifies appropriate resources needed, and develops schedule to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project.
- Participates in meeting activities to identify project goals and gain consensus on project steps, schedule and implementation procedures; fosters cooperation and involvement of support team.
- Interviews colleagues/client to identify and analyze needs; develops project plan and provides input to recommendations for request/problem resolution.
- Identifies internal and/or external resources to ensure successful project completion.
- Monitors development activities relating to meeting project objectives, budget, quality standards and schedule.
- Manages several projects of varying size concurrently and consults with all levels of management which may require coordinating activities across multiple departments and/or divisions.
- Prepares project status reports; makes alterations in project plan as needed.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues/clients to ensure that processes are integrated to support expected customer service levels. Acts as business partner by managing expectations and providing guidance and advice throughout project duration.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training.
- Recommends and implements programs to minimize costs, ensures optimum output and maintains quality. Advises on the solution of technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Participates in project evaluation; provides continuing support and service as required.
- Maintains thorough and up-to-date knowledge about treasury management products and operations, risk management and internal policies and procedures.
- For up market large customers, leads the implementations efforts of Treasury Management colleagues who review implementation packages for accuracy and completeness, follow up on missing documentation, disburse paperwork to Operations, and performs testing functions with clients.
- Prepares implementation status reports and summaries, communicates set up status to sales officer and field officers via regularly scheduled meetings. Acts as liaison between Treasury management, the client, and other business units to resolve all issues.
- Assists assigned Treasury Management sales officer as backup for on-site client calls as schedule permits.
- Attends TM Sales product meetings and contribute as appropriate.
- Leads team members to resolve system, operational, and product issues. Mediates solutions between the client and Treasury Management.
- May manage 1 to 2 lower level project managers.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 8 years experience in a project management role
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a bank or financial services
- Minimum 5 years managing an extensive project(s) and/or team(s).
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent project planning and managerial skills are required to plan, assign and monitor all assigned projects.
- Extensive industry/business knowledge.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website