Sr. Enterprise Solution Architect- Application WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Senior Solution Architect is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the architecture for on-premises and cloud native applications. Creates and contributes to building Reference Architectures and reusable Design Patterns. Identifies complex business problems and participates in generating solutions through improving and automating Business Processes. Identifies performance issues, analyzes root causes and participates in performance improvement activities. Participates in remedying compliance issues. Documents and communicates problems, designs and solutions. Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Strong alignment with Enterprise Architects in developing architecture patterns and adhering to enterprise standards.
- Strong understanding of application design patterns and developing solution reference architectures
- Good understanding of development SDLC, code reviews, coding libraries and standards for one or more of the following - .NET, Java.
- Lead the design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Good understanding of frameworks for automated testing and DevOps pipelines.
- Perform analysis of performance; plan and execute activities for performance tuning, monitoring, and deployment
- Guide and support the implementation, work with technology architects to create designs for maintenance and updates of CI/CD, infrastructure as code
- Collaborate with business partners, architects and other groups to identify complex technical and functional needs of systems
- Collaborate with multiple, enterprise-wide distributed performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications
- Design enterprise API specifications for Omni-channel clients
- Perform Business Process Analysis to improve and/or automate existing processes.
- Look for opportunities to simplify code, existing or new architectures and vendor dependencies to avoid vendor lock-in
- Exposure to cloud technology patterns (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) on Azure
- Recommend rationalization opportunities throughout the portfolio of applications and systems
- Provide technical guidance to team members and solution architects
- Provide programming expertise and business analysis skills within broad business areas
- Create and recommend changes in development standards including design, coding and testing standards
- Analyze and develop data models, logical database designs and data definitions across multiple computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, etc.)
- Comply with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum of 7+ years of software development experience including UI as well as middle tier and backend
- Minimum of 3-5 years of solution architecture
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience Cloud Solution Architecture Experience (Azure a plus)
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience Microservices Architecture
- Minimum of 3 years of experience designing REST APIs
- Minimum 2 years of experience designing in the context of workflows and rules
- Experience designing using containers and container orchestration platform (AKS) plus
- Minimum of 2 year of experience designing asynchronous/ event driven as well as synchronous systems
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with databases and data modeling / design (SQL and NoSQL plus)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience incorporating security into the application architecture
- Experience working in fully DevOps enabled environment
- Experience with developing reference solution architectures, coding standards and patterns
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in development in one or more of the following - .NET, Java, Salesforce
Skills and Knowledge
- Large application design and implementation experience including architecture and design of modern web, mobile, and integration (cloud/on-premises) platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, and analytical skills is required.
- Experience with Agile development methodology including Scrum, XP, FDD, TDD, and SAFe.
- Extensive experience with API management toolsets, DevOps, server infrastructure, network infrastructure, caching methodologies, information security, and database technologies
- Proven track record in generating alternative solution approaches and driving a pragmatic trade-off solution
- Proven track record of optimizing the development activities with a strong focus on DevOps and automation
- Significant experience documenting solution designs using a variety of approaches (e.g. using UML)
- Solid Experience with DDD, TDD and BDD - ability to direct and guide the team through these approaches
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and evaluate for fitness into a specific business context through POCs and other evaluations
- Deep experience with reviewing code and suggesting refactoring for performance, quality and maintainability and other attributes
- Experienced in designing APIs, scale and secure them. Ability to integrate with internal and external systems and secure those integrations
- Experience integrating systems and applications with CRM systems like Salesforce
- Ability to operate and guide the team in all areas of the technology stack - front, middle tier and the backend
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and evaluate for fit into a specific business context through POCs and other evaluations - ability to orchestrate POCs and evaluations
- Ability to review code and suggest refactoring for performance, quality and maintainability and guide the team through related activities
- Experience with following technologies
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
#ca-jwEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website