We require an accomplished business analyst with in-depth experience of completing detailed business process analysis and requirement gathering to enable the delivery of complex software development projects.
Within this role, the candidate will be responsible for understand and verifying business cases for change, completing business process analysis, and defining business and functional requirements. This will be executed across multiple projects within the trading division. The candidate will manage relationships and expectations with business stakeholders and sponsors and support development and test teams throughout the entire delivery lifecycle.
Business Analyst 6-10 years
Commodity Trading in Energy Sector, Oil & Gas preferred
English Proficiency Level
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proven ability to act as a bridge between the business and development team located in other offices, translating business concepts into requirements that are implementable
- Expected to have experience of business analysis in a middle office in Commodity Trading
- Extensive knowledge and experience in some or all of the following areas:
- ETRM system implementation, design and configuration experience
- Ability to take a systematic & analytical approach to problem solving & pay close attention to detail
- Awareness of software development lifecycle and testing principles
- Invoicing (Sales and Purchase) - (Should Have)
- Finance and Accounting & Tax (Must Have)
- Settlements and Treasury (Should have)
- Demonstrable the ability to drive business process changes and challenging current business practices
- Experience of a variety of software development methodologies (e.g. continuous integration, iterative development, Agile)
- Experience of creating and maintaining Invoicing process, business requirements, functional design and reports.
- Experience in implementation/roll out of IT solution across multiple geographies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong academic background – excellent degree from a top tier university is required in a subject that demonstrates the need for logical thinking, precise understanding and clear articulation
- Develop and maintain working relationships with business stakeholders
- Responsible for clearly articulating target business processes and the business requirements and functional design to enable change (particularly for Invoicing and Securitisation).
- Prepare the requirement documents - BRDs and FSDs (particularly for Invoicing and Securitisation).
- Work with the functional architecture team to determine the design of a solution, including screen design & usability to optimise business processes
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in process (e.g. Logistics, Trade Capture, Settlement etc.) that impact Invoicing to ensure integrated design.
- Detail story elaboration to enable the system development
- Support development teams to ensure a solution meets its business requirements.
- Support quality assurance teams to ensure a solution meets its business requirements.
- Support change management and training teams to prepare business stakeholder for process and functional change.
- Provide support for production issues.
- Delivery focus
- Team worker
- Good communicator & engaging
Ability to make decisions & thrive in a fast paced environmentReporting Structure
Reporting into Trafigura IT management for applicable business linesEqual Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jul 16 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Apply on company website