DEA's Denver, CO office is seeking a great candidate to be our Colorado Roads and Highways (RaH) Group Leader / Senior Project Manager. The position responsibilities will be diverse and will include being responsible for short and long-term group utilization, staff supervision, and assessing needed capabilities with the Colorado RaH practice.
Group Leader responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for short and long-term group utilization, delivery of technical work by their teams, assessing needed capabilities with their practice area, and ensuring project managers have the technical resources needed to deliver projects successfully.
- Responsible for learning client standards and expectations, identifying incremental and/or new business development opportunities, providing inputs for scope, schedule, etc. on projects and reviewing cost proposals.
- Accountable for performance management for group members and applicable administration approvals such as time off, timecards, expense reports, training, etc.
- Responsible for successful recruitment and retention efforts to ensure DEA hires the best possible talent and supports processes that encourage staff longevity.
Project Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure excellence in project execution for on-time, on-budget deliverables of quality that meet or exceed the industry's standard of care
- Working with the Regional Transportation Group and Delivery Leaders to ensure office resources are available to complete existing project work as well as work committed to in proposals
- Provide design leadership and guidance to staff. Review engineering documents and deliverables for compliance with contractual and professional requirements as part of DEA's Quality Management requirements
- Adhere to firmwide tools, processes, and policies including project accounting (set up, budgeting, etc.), contracting, and quality requirements.
- Civil Engineer in the State of Colorado
- 12+ years of experience working on transportation related projects
- Proven track record of winning and managing transportation projects in the local market with the Colorado Department of Transportation and/or local agencies
- Group or office leadership experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets: Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, Smart Mobility and Construction Engineering.
Apply on company website