DEA's Denver, CO office is hiring for an entry level Traffic Engineer-in-Training/Transportation Planner in our Smart Mobility group. This position's primary responsibilities will be diverse and will include but not be limited to the following:
- Perform research, analyze findings, and prepare recommendations for traffic engineering and transportation planning projects, as well as multi-discipline projects.
- Develop traffic projections and perform transportation planning using computer analysis and modeling techniques.
- Conduct traffic studies, analyze findings and make recommendations.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports
- Assist with business development and proposal efforts on public works and private development transportation projects.
- Design traffic engineering projects, including traffic signal, signing and striping, and multimodal transportation and construction traffic control plans and specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or related field
- 0-4 years of traffic engineering analysis and design familiarity
- Familiar with traffic analysis software Synchro/SimTraffic/Vissim/TransModeler/SIDRA/Rodel
- Engineer Intern (EI) required for engineer
- Colorado DOT and Front Range local agency experience
- Fluent in AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay as Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- RTD EcoPass
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets; Smart Mobility, Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
Apply on company website