DriveTime Needs a Senior Accountant
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That's Nice, But What's the Job?
In short as a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for understanding highly specialized accounting concepts required to maintain the general ledger and supporting subsidiary ledgers and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and statutory accounting practices. The senior accountant is responsible for accounting activities including review of complex issues, extensive statutory reporting requirements, and general accounting activities coupled with an emphasis on the ability to manage the planning, performance, presentation, and completion of special projects. This position will also have regular, direct interactions with individuals on the operational side of the business including our actuaries.
In long you will be
- Primarily responsible for the accounting functions for the Company and its subsidiaries
- Preparation of GAAP and Statutory financial statements
- Preparation of quarterly and annual insurance filings and schedules therein
- Prepare investment accounting and reporting
- Direct communication with and preparation of schedules/data for auditors and actuaries
- Responsible for daily accounting functions
- Prepare monthly tax provisions for the insurance entities on both a Statutory and GAAP basis
- Responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly reports that provide management accurate information to support decision making
- Research of complex accounting issues from both a GAAP and Statutory basis
- Development and monitoring of accounting policies and procedures (GAAP and Statutory)
- Review documentation of multifaceted accounting issues and conclusions thereon
- Act as liaison between accounting function and other business units
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase efficiencies within current processes and assist in or initiate process improvements
- Maintain general and supporting ledgers, and analyze to ensure accurate and relevant information
- Perform special assignments/projects and responsibilities as requested including, but not limited to, ad hoc financial analysis and/or accounting department tasks
- Facilitate the month-end close process by preparing journal entries as well as reviewing and following through on all month end tasks
- Responsible for the consolidation of the individual businesses
- Preparation and/or review of general ledger account reconciliations and journal entries
So, What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (licensed CPA preferred)
- 4+ years overall experience in accounting
- Property & casualty insurance experience strongly preferred. (automotive is a big plus)
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), understanding of Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) a plus
- Communication skills are essential as well as ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare timely reports
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines
- Ability to confidently converse with and present to senior management
- Advanced Excel skills
So, What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Work with a great team in Uptown Dallas, Texas.
- Growth opportunity and exposure to Executive Management.
- Competitive compensation package with bonus potential.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. We pay a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn't love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
Apply on company website