Job title Commercial Marketer/Placement
Location & Department Melville, NY (Flex options available, not remote).
FLSA Status Exempt
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Placement strategist for commercial insurance lines.
- Negotiates pricing, policy conditions and terms with underwriters and reviews all quotations with recommendations as to the best options for price, coverage and risk alternatives and agency income.
- Develop and maintains strong working relationships with underwriters and carrier representatives, both standard and Wholesale
- Maintains knowledge of current marketplace and new capabilities for providing risk alternatives and communications to Producers.
- Facilitate complete submissions including supplemental applications, loss runs, COPE spreadsheets, historical data & other supporting documentation.
- Analyzes and reviews proposals with Producers and makes recommendations, regarding the risk for the most cost effective and proper insurance coverage.
- Binds coverage within company guidelines, maintains accurate and complete files on all policies written, and updates system.
- Attend carrier meetings and accompany producers on business calls as needed.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Advanced knowledge of carrier websites for application detail input
- Full knowledge of Property Casualty lines of coverage and services
- Recognize problems and respond appropriately.
- Able to analyze situations logically in order to draw solid conclusions.
- Advanced experience with Agency Management Systems, rating procedures, and coverages
- Advanced knowledge of navigating the Internet as well as various Microsoft Office programs to include Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, TEAMS and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and time management abilities
- Strong ability to multi-task and assign priority.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently without direct supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- Project a professional image in action and appearance
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Technical proficiency in insurance policy terms and conditions.
- Prefer 3-5 years marketing or related experience in an agency, brokerage, or insurance carrier setting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Active NY or NJ Brokers license is required.
- Valid Driver License required.
WHY JOIN EPIC?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients.
Apply on company website