The Automation Project Manager will be based in Milpitas, California (US). The Automation Project Manager will coordinate the incorporation of automation systems within the site's manufacturing process. This person is responsible for maintaining and managing automation project activities; collecting and validating data on potential projects; reporting and tracking the status of new and completed projects; and implementing a corporate GBS strategy to assist all sites in their automation projects. Although site management and corporate directors dictate the type of automation activities to pursue, the Automation Project Manager will have some opportunities to participate in research activities in support of the selection process.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Establish and manage project schedules, financial parameters, and technical requirements from project initiation through completion.
- Work with cross-functional teams to establish technical and logistical requirements for new projects.
- Develop detailed process document for Global Business Services to assist sites with establishing, coordinating and executing automation project activities.
- Write and distribute RFQ (request for quotes) documents.
- Develop status reports, including project financials, insuring project team is meeting requirements and measuring cost control.
- Create and maintain project plan documents, procedures and project deliverables.
- Conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules, etc.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Project Management work experience
- Ability to create and develop technical documents
- Experience with establishing in a global/corporate support team
- Green Belt Certification
- Certifications in both Six Sigma Project Management and PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge).
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Manufacturing background
- Experience coordinating large-scale automation projects
- Experience writing legal-style process documents
- strong analytical and mathematical skills
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website