FOX, a rapidly growing company has an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer, located in El Cajon, CA.
The Design Engineer (II) is responsible for the design of high performance shock absorber components and assemblies with a focus on military applications. Under general management direction, design responsibilities run cradle to grave including concept generation, detailed design and analysis, prototype development, production release, and sustaining engineering in accordance with FOX guidelines. In this key role, this position must balance robust product design with high volume manufacturing and costing to achieve world class performance. Be ready to champion new ideas and be challenged to design the best possible powered vehicle suspension components.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Documentation of design requirements using customer provided requirements specifications and FOX best practices
- Design of new parts from concept level through production release.
- Redesign of existing parts for improved performance, quality and manufacturability.
- Support new shock absorber/suspension concepts.
- Participate creative brainstorming sessions to solve technical challenges.
- Maintenance of production released parts/prints to a high standard of detail.
- Generation of production assembly procedures and documentation.
- Support the analysis of quality issues for failure root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Analysis of lab and field test results to determine best path forward.
- Participation in cross-functional team organized to solve engineering, quality or manufacturing related issues.
- Support engineering calculations and analysis to satisfy design requirements
- Creation of 3d models, 2d prints and FEA reports in CAD utilizing design standards, best practices and GD&T.
- Balance numerous projects simultaneously in accordance with business segment priorities
- Support technical subject matter expert on component families.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years' experience in product development and detailed part/system design for high volume manufacturing.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes (E.g. machining, forging, molding, stamping, high-volume assembly)
- Experience in CAD; 3d models, 2d prints with GD&T and FEA reports, preferably CERO
- Experience designing for requirements; generating compliance artifacts
- Experience working within a structured product development process.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be a U.S. person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident)
- Experience with suspension systems, shock absorbers and vehicle dynamics.
- Experience with structural analysis and dynamic simulation
- Skilled in Creo/Windchill
- Automotive manufacturing or aerospace/defense experience
- Hands-on skills and abilities
- Powered vehicle and/or suspension enthusiast
- Customer Mindset: Exceptional customer experience is primary focus while performing job duties. Quality is a top priority.
- Adaptability & Innovation: Proactively and willingly adapts to changing business needs and conditions and presents creative and fresh ideas on how to solve problems, gain efficiencies and improve quality.
- Relationship Building: Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of inclusion, cooperation and mutual respect.
- Accountability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and strives to exceed requirements.
- Decision Making and Judgment: Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks.
- Talent Development (Self and Others): Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement; making an effort to acquire new knowledge or skills associated with job responsibilities. Willingness to work with others and coach/teach in effort to develop and support other employees' development.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
· Lift up to 20 lbs.
· Requires walking, standing, bending and lifting for long periods of time.
· Vision abilities required to validate and enter data on computer.
Disclaimer: This list does not represent all physical demands. Descriptions are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the jobs' essential functions.
FOX provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, results of genetic testing, or service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate. We base all employment decisions –including recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotions, transfers, layoffs, terminations and social/recreational programs – on merit and the principles of equal employment opportunity
Apply on company website