Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Nurse Extern PRN? At Frankfort Regional Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
At Frankfort Regional Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Nurse Extern PRN like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
The Nurse Extern PRN will work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN), and assist the nursing staff in providing patient care. You will deliver high quality, patient-centered care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living.
· You will work closely with the clinical team to create and implement a care plan by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
· Obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care.
· You will assist with patient mobility by regularly turning, positioning, and ambulating as well as transferring patients to and from other units/departments.
· Translate complex medical terminology to ensure patients/families/caregivers understand patient medical condition, treatment plan, medications and possible side effects and follow up measures
· Educate patients/families/caregivers on healthy diet, exercise, disease prevention and/or lifestyle changes that may be needed upon discharge and prepares for future self-management
· Currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of nursing required and can perform higher-level procedures once competency is achieved.
· Possess the ability to create and implement a personal career development plan, to be reviewed regularly by supervisor and/or preceptor
· One year of completed nursing school is preferred
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Enrolled in Nursing Program
Frankfort Regional Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services for over 40 years. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 170+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities in Central Kentucky. Frankfort Regional has built an excellent reputation for outstanding subspecialty services. In addition, we have an exceptional network of quality primary care physicians in both family practice and internal medicine. We are consistently named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky.
At Frankfort Regional Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Nurse Extern PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website