Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Patient Care Tech Clerk? At Frankfort Regional Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
At Frankfort Regional Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Patient Care Tech Clerk like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PCT's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
As a Unit Clerk/Technician, you will administer patient care and related activities to promote the physical and emotional health and comfort needs for assigned patients. Delivery of patient care includes data collection, documentation, communication and implementation of patient care interventions in accordance with state Nursing Practice Acts and generic/unit structure standard.
* You will greet and interact with all patients, and visitors in a cheerful, courteous, positive manner at all times.
* Assist in the Receipt/Admission of patients who present to the Emergency Department.
* You will assist in patient care directed by the LPN/RN.
* You will observe any changes in the patient's condition and report changes to the primary RN or Charge nurse.
* Assist in providing safety and prevention of injury for all patients (falls, skin integrity, infection, etc.
* American Heart Association's Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Healthcare provider upon employment is required
* Computer skills and prior healthcare facility patient care experience is preferred
What you will do in this role:
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, intake and output, calorie counts, and other patient information as outlined by policy.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and timely transfer of specimen.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Serves as Monitor/Telemetry Tech for the unit as needed.
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- High School Graduate / GED
Frankfort Regional Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services for over 40 years. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 170+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities in Central Kentucky. Frankfort Regional has built an excellent reputation for outstanding subspecialty services. In addition, we have an exceptional network of quality primary care physicians in both family practice and internal medicine. We are consistently named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky.
At Frankfort Regional Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Patient Care Tech Clerk opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website