DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking an EMS Training Specialist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Woman's Hospital of Texas – Houston, TXEMS Training Specialist
The Woman's Hospital of Texas opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants.
Located near the Texas Medical Center, The Woman's Hospital of Texas offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women's health services and newborn infants.
More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery.
What you will do in this role:
- The EMT's primary function is to operate the Simulation Ambulance, as well as provide support to any HCA EMS & Outreach training programs. This program will include high fidelity simulation provided onsite to our EMS and Outreach partners.
- The EMT will support the program by operating the ambulance, audio/video equipment, and ancillary equipment.
- The EMT will be responsible for keeping the equipment clean and in operational condition.
- The EMT may be asked to fulfil additional roles during education events, including as an EMT, patient, family member, or bystander. The EMT may assist in providing education.
- The EMT may be required to be part of HCA public relations events.
- Knowledgeable in use and routine maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by HCA Houston Healthcare AirLife. Responsible for reporting medical equipment failures and taking initial steps to insure repair of equipment as directed. Maintains adequate supplies onboard aircraft to deliver safe patient care. Keeps aircraft clean and orderly to insure rapid response to all transport requests.
- Serves as a flight resource to neonatal/pediatric personnel when transporting specialty patients by helicopter. Performs advanced skills and procedures as approved by HCA Houston Healthcare AirLife Medical Director(s).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including 24 hour shifts, overtime and an on-call rotation.
- Assist in education to first responders, nurses, physicians, and the public.
- Attend meetings as necessary
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external partners
- Develops and maintains cooperative and professional relationships with employees, managers, and representatives from other agencies, hospitals, departments and organizations
- Participate on a team to ensure quality, safety, and appropriate use of equipment
- Ability to utilize a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and related software to effectively complete a variety of spreadsheets and reports with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Ability to plan and organize daily work routine. Establishes priorities for the completion of work in accordance with sound time management methodology.
- Associates Degree/Technical Diploma
- EMS Provider – 3 years of experience required
- Ability to work in a team with other GCD leaders and physicians
- Able to safely drive an ambulance on public roads
- Insurable to operate company owned vehicles
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician partners. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten of our HCA Healthcare facilities have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website