DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Manager (RN) Rehab.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest - Houston, Texas
Manager (RN) Rehab
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients appropriate to ages of patients served.
- Assumes responsibility for clinical and resource management of unit (24hrs/day).
- Assumes responsibility for employee, physician and patient satisfaction for quality of care.
- Promotes hospital customer service initiatives.
- Oversees care of all patients on unit, providing support and expertise to staff.
- Continually assesses and assigns patient care.
- Responsible for workflow of unit by ensuring proper staff levels; adherence to all productivity and budget guidelines.
- Ensures quality of patient care and assists in patient care as necessary.
- Responsible for the financial integrity of the unit; regular review of DOR information and communication to Rehab management team.
- Handles all staffing needs and personnel management; including interviewing, hiring and training new staff members, including all disciplinary actions.
- Creates an environment and culture that enables Rehabilitation Services to fulfill the mission of the Hospital and meets or exceed its goals.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the rehabilitation strategic plan, being consistently aware of the changing rehabilitation market.
- Responsible for the financial viability of Rehabilitation Services, coordinating the submittal of accurate and timely billing and clinical information. Develops and strives for achievement of financial objectives, including the development and implementation of budgetary guidelines. Directs and manages the resources of Rehabilitation Services in an ethical, viable manner. Provides input for the negotiation of rehabilitation specific rates in negotiated payment structures/contracts. Oversight of the PAI functions, insurance approval processes and submission of all UDS information in a timely manner.
- Assures the development of quality rehabilitation programming to meet market needs in collaboration with the Medical Director and other clinical staff.
- Ensures the supply of appropriate resources to support the programs, services, organizational structure and staffing levels necessary for quality rehabilitation services.
- Actively encourages the integration of rehabilitation services into the continuum of care of the Hospital and community.
- Establishes operations and processes to support, facilitate, and maintain uniform performance of patient care including documentation.
- Ensures CARE tools competency of staff and that facility is CARE tool certified.
- Provides a safe, secure, and infection/hazard-free environment.
- Directs the development, implementation, and monitoring of the quality management plan for acute rehabilitation services, including outcome measurement. Facilitates interdepartmental performance-improvement/customer satisfaction activities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of rehabilitation operational systems and leadership on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards in customer service through all interactions with the patients, families, coworkers, staff, other hospital departments, physicians, community and all others.
- Creates a high quality, professional clinical environment to facilitate the necessary recruitment and retention of appropriate numbers of qualified staff. Ultimately responsible for the timely assessment of competencies and performance of all staff. Facilitates ongoing educational opportunities for the staff, as well as patients, professional associates, physicians, and the community.
- Develops a retention plan for nursing staff.
- Maintains overall ethical compliance with regulatory/accreditation agencies and other payor sources.
- Represents Rehabilitation Services to the leadership of the Hospital.
- Acts as an advocate for Rehabilitation Services to the Hospital and the community.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current state licensure (RN)
- BSN/MSN preferred
- Certification (CRRN) preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website