DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Unit
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland – Pearland, Texas
Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Unit
As a vital member of the HCA Healthcare System, HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland which offers 33 licensed beds and shares the strength of more than 165 hospitals across the United States and England, including The Woman's Hospital of Texas and HCA Healthcare Clear Lake.
The hospital is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Communication Skills: Verbal (with patients, families, grieving persons)[Use of SBAR when dealing with physicians and their offices, interdepartmental communication] Written (documentation of patient care) Telephone (Pertaining to etiquette including HIPAA information).
- Physical Assessment of the Adult with acute and chronic illness, Infection Control Issue/Safety.
- Proficiency in IV starts & ability to access implanted ports.
- Administration of Medications – knowledge of commonly utilized medications/proficiency with IV push medications, initiation and management of PCA infusion.
- Aseptic Technique with regard to wounds, surgical sites, and catheter insertions.
- Management of airways – oxygen set-up (nasal cannula, ventimask, NRB, trach collar, BIPAP, Suctioning (oral, Nasal and tracheal), and tracheotomy care.
- Management of the patient in cardiac and respiratory arrest.
- Management of the patient with decubitus: staging, selection of surface, and encourages mobility.
- Management of drains (NG, OG, and PEG, chest tube, paracentesis).
- Obtains consents (surgical, chemotherapy etc), prepares patients for procedures (including boarding pass, etc) such as Endoscopy, Cardiac Catheterizations, Bronchoscopy, Thoracentesis (Especially at bedside), MRI/MRA.
- Management of blood transfusions – obtains consents, blood justifications forms and refusal for blood transfusions. Monitors for transfusion reactions.
- Management of the Peritoneal dialysis patient.
What qualification you will need:
Current RN licensure issued by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
Minimum of 1 year current/recent Med/Surg experience required.
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
American Red Cross or America Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website