Hobby Lobby Stores is a privately held corporation that has seen lots of growth in the last year! We are looking for a qualified person to fill a new opening in the Construction Design and Development Department.
This is a high energy design position for a fast track retail company. Applicants need to be self-motivated and deadline driven with a strong work ethic and “whatever it takes” attitude. Applicants will need an understanding of both design and construction processes.
The opening is for an: CAD Designer
Responsibilities will include:
- Put existing information on computer that was compiled from as-built plans, site survey and other available information. Must be able to evaluate survey dimensions and photos and apply to drawings accurately.
- Design floor plan, fixture layout and elevations to complete criteria drawings.
- Accept critique and feedback and apply appropriately to the drawings.
- Coordinate with architects to produce final construction drawings.
- Help resolve RFI's from construction team and job superintendents.
- Complete lease drawings based upon final building design.
- Adapt and evolve as responsibilities increase as required for changing conditions of the company's requirements.
- Coordinate with multiple departments to produce final package ready for architect.
- Contribute to team effort by fulfilling independent self-driven responsibilities.
- Managing multiple projects at varying stages simultaneously.
- Complete projects in a timely manner with quality and accuracy.
- High School Diploma minimum with technical training in AutoCAD 2018 or later via college, vocational technical school, or practical experience through work.
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Specialized in use of AutoCAD and actively utilizing software.
- Experience with designing floor plans, building design, remodel design, etc.
- Problem solving and space planning abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience reading and evaluating plans with the intent of drawing the building via AutoCAD software and recognizing potential problems.
- Must be able to interpret and comprehend information / direction from multiple sources
- Willingness to work overtime when required to meet deadlines.
- Must be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Experience with designing retail buildings of 40,000 sq. ft. and larger.
- Experience with reading and understanding civil drawings.
- Experience with adobe Photoshop software and architectural renderings
- Field construction experience
Full-Time Benefits include:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Benefits
- 401(k) Program with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Paid Time Off (PPTO)
- Employee Discount
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Holiday Pay
For reasonable accommodation of disability during the hiring process call (877) 303-4547.
Apply on company website