DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
We are seeking a full-time (evening shift), hospital-based Laboratory Assistant like you to join our organization.
Since 1986, Palms West Hospital has celebrated excellence in healthcare. Our state-of-the-art 204-bed facility, centrally located in Palm Beach County, offers top-quality care in every category from preventative programs to elective, major, and emergency surgeries. Palms West Hospital has a dedicated Pediatric ER and full-service Children's Hospital, offering dozens of pediatric healthcare services in one child-friendly place.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Specimen collection and testing requirements and understand specimen rejection
- Venipunctures and/or finger-sticks on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Heel sticks on infants (as patient population requires)
- Specimen collection documentation
- Procedures for patient identification and specimen collection based test orders
- Education to the patient and/or family regarding specimen collection procedures prior to obtaining specimen
- Reviews of the Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending specimen collections/accessioning issues; take action as appropriate
QualificationsYou Should Have:
- A completed high school diploma or GED
- A vocational/technical diploma
- A phlebotomy certificate is beneficial
- Less than 1 year of experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Availability to work during disasters
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, we have also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply today. We promptly review all applications, and are actively interviewing. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website