- Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products in industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Develop & execute departmental annual goals/metrics in support of company annual goals - strategic goal deployment. Cascading goals to the various levels appropriately and holding employees accountable for delivery.
- Analyzes production schedule to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external customer needs.
- Reviews production schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations and establishes priorities and sequences for manufacturing the products.
- Oversees and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure we make decisions best for the company & meet deadlines, including customer deadlines.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Directs implementation and execution of manufacturing policies and practices throughout the department.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance, safety and optimum utilization.
- Develops and/or revises operational practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Compiles, stores and retrieves production data.
- Promotes employee relations.
- Interviewing, hiring, and development/training employees.
- Planning, assigning and directing work.
- Appraising performance at least quarterly & providing honest & frequent employee coaching.
- Rewarding employees and timely addressing any disciplinary issues.
- Timely Problem/Conflict Resolution.
- Directs, evaluates and coaches subordinate supervisor(s) and/or lead people who supervise subordinate employees within the department.
- Builds, develops, and manages operations leadership team capable of carrying out operational strategies and improving employee relations.
- Team Player and Team Builder - helps build comradery and team spirit.
- Instills safety first culture throughout the organization, ensures safety practices are being followed and oversees safety training within the department.
- Continuous Improvement - always seeking ways to improve processes, products, equipment, and people and driving that behavior in others. Remove waste & reduce scrap.
- Assists with quality issues, investigations, corrective actions, and audits.
- Departmental planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Instills company vision and values.
- Supports other departments and department managers as needed.
- Establishes & measures departmental Key Performance Indicators and goals.
- Administers PEEP Employee Recognition Program for department.
- Capital expenditures (CE) recommendations & completion of CE requests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor-s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Relevant Field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years- proven work experience in a Manufacturing Management Role, prefer in Food Packaging
- 7-10 years- work experience in a manufacturing work environment (prefer converting experience)
- Experience working with plastics or packaging
PREFERRED SPECIAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional leadership skills including problem resolution, motivating, development of people, servant leadership, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Team-building skills
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with LillyWorks scheduling system
- Knowledge of GMP-s
- Safety - prefer OSHA 30 training & experience with safety in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Standardization of Processes & producing (SOPs)
- Quality, including root cause analysis & corrective actions
- Experience with working with a variety of equipment
- Lean, Continuous Improvement, 5S
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Exceptional communication skills (oral, written, presentations)
- Action-oriented, positive attitude, customer-service oriented, ownership and engagement
Business ethics, honesty, integrity, excellence, teamwork, diversity, continuous improvement, customer service, and empathy
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENT:
Will require work in a manufacturing environment with varying temperatures. Requires standing for long periods and ability to move about within the plant at various levels/heights.
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website