The Manager, Analytics reports to the Senior Director, Marketing and is based out of our Carney's Point, NJ location. This individual will be responsible for leading efforts to create comprehensive marketplace intelligence that informs business strategies and identifies business-building opportunities. The role is responsible for managing key supplier relationships as well as collaborating closely with marketing, innovation, and sales teams across brand and private label portfolio.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead category management analyses to identify company and retailer/category growth opportunities
- Drive analytics to a higher level of contribution and value by updating and developing relevant structures, processes, systems and tools and applying appropriate methodologies
- Leverage analytic techniques to identify and lead new ways of tracking and measuring business performance
- Drive improvement of and utilization of syndicated research tools and capabilities to facilitate faster, more added value decision making
- Develop and manage value-added monthly/quarterly reporting and tracking packages for both the executive team as well as the sales and marketing teams
- Lead quarterly market intel reports that summarize trends (beverage landscape, category, consumer, customer, products, etc.) and distill into fact-based, actionable opportunities, in conjunction with brand, innovation and sales teams
- Enhance understanding of competitive activity and drivers of category success. Create best practices for monitoring, integrating and interpreting competitive activity that can be translated into actionable customer presentations
- Partner with marketing and sales teams to develop regular and ad hoc reports to include sales/share reporting, opportunity gap, SKU rationalization, plan-o-gram analysis, promotion analysis, item tracking, pricing studies, financial performance/ROI across marketing & trade spend, sales and performance trackers
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BA/BS degree required. Advanced Degree preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in an Analytics role
- Experience in CPG Food & Beverage industry required
- Manufacturer and supplier side experience preferred
- Expertise in databases such as Nielsen & IRI POS, HH panel, customer shopper platforms, etc
- Strategic capability - able to see the big picture
- Analytical Prowess - superior analytical capability, including knowledge of primary research
- Business acumen - understands how businesses work
- Leadership - establishes vision and goals, influences and appropriately leads others
- Critical thinking/problem solving - able to identify root cause of issues and construct solutions
- Initiative - bias for action, not afraid to get hands dirty to get the job done
- Teamwork - builds strong relationships and works collaboratively with team members
- Communication - listens to others, clearly articulates ideas, able to distill recommendations and deliver compelling presentations
- People Management - proven ability to develop internal people and external resources
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if applicable)
- Manages employee TBD
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Communicates job expectations; planning, monitoring, and assessing job results; coaching, and counseling employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, procedures, and productivity standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 - 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Lassonde Pappas is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 856-455-1000 for assistance
Apply on company website