The Maintenance Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and controlling the efforts of the Maintenance Department to maintain and support plant equipment and facilities in world class working order. This role reports to the Plant Manager and is based out of our Springdale, Arkansas location.
- This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
- Accountable for the preventive maintenance program and maintenance of production equipment and facilities
- Develop, maintain, and administer an organization qualified to maintain all equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient working condition. Execute an effective preventive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled down time
- Maintain all operating equipment in satisfactory condition. Schedule needed repair to have minimum interference with production activities
- Ensure that production equipment is capable of producing within the specifications and tolerances established by the equipment vendor/manufacturer
- Consult with Engineering staff, Plant Manager, and the Production Department regarding desirable modifications of existing equipment and facilities and the possible replacement of existing equipment which will improve operations and reduce maintenance costs
- Coordinate the efficient operation of all facilities necessary to the distribution and usage of electric power, natural gas, and water
- Analyze cost studies of proposals for new equipment in the department designed to secure reduced operating costs.
- Make recommendations to the Plant Manager
- Develop objectives and standards of performance for projects within the Maintenance Department required to meet departmental, divisional, and corporate goals and objectives
- Plan and provide for an adequate supply and ensure control over spare parts and maintenance supplies.
- Control labor cost within department
- Require and support all GMP rules in the plant with his staff
- Support and lead staff in a professional manner to include yearly evaluations, attendance, vacations, and all disciplinary reviews
- Attend required training, including but not limited to, GMP's, HAACP, SQF, Safety, etc.
- Implement CI Programs including Lean, Kaizen, 5S, and Leader Standard Work
- Follow all GMP's and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements
- Manage 4-5 employees
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Communicates job expectations; planning, monitoring, and assessing job results; coaching, and counseling employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Establishes strategic goals; identifying and evaluating trends; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field with ten plus (10+) years of progressive supervisory experience, with two plus (2+) years at the management level; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to lift and carry minimum of 50 lbs
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment.
- Experience in report writing
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Proven organizational skills
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Ability to direct, coach and train others.
- Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical manufacturing environment; able to lift 50+ lbs; driving a motor vehicle/forklift and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 50+ lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website