The VP FP&A reports to CFO and is based out of our Carneys Point location. This individual will be responsible for FP&A and will focus on the financial performance of the organization and manage the management financial reporting function.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead the FP&A function;
- Management reporting
- Target setting
- Budgeting and Forecasting (short and long range)
- Capital Budgeting
- BU and divisional metrics and KPIs
- Operating reviews coordination and facilitation
- Support the leadership teams of the (Branded and Private Label) divisions with regard to the performance of their division in areas such as:
- Pricing and top line growth scenarios and strategies
- Revenue forecasting:
- Demand forecasting / Sales pipeline analysis
- Sales forecast driver analysis
- S&Op integration
- Revenue Analytics; volume / mix analysis
- Trade expense analysis
- Contribution margin analysis; by customer, by product, etc.
- Product portfolio analysis; SKU performance, SKU complexity, etc.
- In collaboration with the various stakeholders, bring focus to operational excellence:
- Revenue and cost optimization
- Asset capacity / utilization
- Network optimization (internal and external)
- Supply chain optimization
- Working capital investment
- “Guardian” of the data governance (and related systems) across the organization
- Ensure proper (financial) “cradle to grave” alignment across departments and divisions
- Liaise with the VP Finance & Control and the VP Cost Accounting organizations for statutory reporting and “shared services” transaction processing functions.
- Participate in the various strategic projects, recommend and/or develop ad hoc analysis.
- Participate (and sometimes lead) long term growth initiatives; Strategy, Long-term Growth Modelling, M&A, etc.
- Monitor competitive landscape: competitors, key suppliers, key customers, etc.
- Manage a team of +/-15 employees with 2-4 direct reports
- Communicates job expectations; planning, monitoring, and assessing job results; coaching, and counseling employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Establishes strategic goals; identifying and evaluating trends; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- At least 15+ years of progressively responsible positions within a Finance and/or Accounting role for a major company or companies
- Relevant experience in the FMCG industry, preferably in a branded environment.
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment (preferably).
- 10 years' leadership / people management roles.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Able to synthesize vast amounts of information, develop high quality analytics and communicate clearly and succinctly to different audiences (business leaders to executives).
• Intrinsically driven to excel, with a desire to constantly improve the status quo.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- The ability to think critically and independently
- Able to communicate, work cross functions, adapt to changing priorities, meet budget and forecasting cadences.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Ability to direct, coach and train others.
- Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 – 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website