Define HR project objectives, ensure alignment with HR strategy and goals and oversee quality control of projects. May assist in acquiring resources and coordinating team members and/or third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. Design, create, modify, and implement programs to help the district utilize database system to increase effectiveness and reduce costs. May perform some application developer work to facilitate utilization of customized and standard software to align with HR goals.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Lead the process to define and manage HR System project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Serve as liaison between HR Services and Finance/Business and IT Departments for HR Systems and related tasks.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements, synthesizing input from sponsors, stakeholders, team members, and outside vendors and contractors.
- Develop and oversee regular HR system audit checks to ensure optimal performance. Collaborate with IT and vendors to resolve system issues.
- Work with other HR staff to problem solve data entry or data management issues, system changes etc.
- Coordinate end of year roll processes, including any task scheduling
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones to ensure project consistency and optimization.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path and engage with appropriate stakeholders.
- Work with various departments to acquire resources and coordinate team members and/or third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan.
- Monitor and report on project status and budget with proficient project documentation.
- Ensure District stays current on software versions offered by providers.
- Keep stakeholders apprised of all ERP and other HR system upgrades, including patches, scheduled fixes etc. Coordinate scheduling, communication of any related system outages with IT department.
- Schedule, test, install and Implement changes to existing systems caused by statutory changes or new ideas submitted by users.
- Analyze problems, incidents, and log cases with vendors as necessary then test fixes from vendors and troubleshoot as needed.
- Track vendor performance to ensure contract compliance and quality.
- Gather information to facilitate decisions about project feasibility and priority.
- Consult with users to determine system and functional specifications related to the HR/Finance/Business Services database systems.
- Create structured reporting programs and develop customized queries to meet the information processing needs of HR.
- Design, create, test and modify the information systems, including systems analysis, programming, and computer operation activities as related to database system.
- Actively manage vendor performance to ensure contract compliance and quality.
- Research appropriate technical solutions and continually assess both current and future HR business needs.
- Assist with interface maintenance between ERP software and other third-party software.
- May design and develop custom applications to provide solutions, coordinating with IT Department.
- Lead the development and maintenance of HR system and user documentation, including process guides and training materials.
- Provide proactive technical assistance to HR staff.
- Lead integration, training development and delivery and implementation activities.
- Collaborate on architecture and integration requirements with IT staff.
- Provide support for third-party and custom applications within the district.
- Assist user groups in identifying inefficiencies and process improvement opportunities, better utilizing technology to improve HR/Finance/Business Services performance. Project manage identified change efforts with identified stakeholders.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance to ensure a consistent focus on student learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field. Related experience may substitute for degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Experience in data processing or management information systems; IT project management with a focus on HR and Payroll services; web-based and software application development including solutions design, implementation, testing, training and maintenance of various business solutions.
- Technical knowledge of MUNIS Human Resources Software, and K-12 ERP and other HR Systems including time management, applicant tracking systems preferred.
- Knowledge of database structure and design; payroll, benefits, and accounting preferred;
- Experience with timekeeping and attendance software, preferably Kronos;
- Knowledge of IT best practices and project management techniques and software;
- Experience in SharePoint and .NET application development; Oracle and SQL Server, C#, Razor Pages and ASP.NET; SQL queries, SSRS, SSIS, SQL Development, Optimization, Debugging, and Security; Microsoft TFS and GIT.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Responsive to requests and detail-orientated
- Problem-solver with advanced ability in conflict management
- Demonstrated success in planning projects, with the ability to manage multiple projects, stay organized and manage time effectively
- Analytical and solution oriented.
- Ability to build SQL stored procedures, T-SQL, triggers, and views, to analyze systems and procedures, to write and revise standards and procedures
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone, computer or other electronic device.
- Ability to compose material such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact and to make presentations outside of the immediate work area.
- Ability to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
- Ability to make information presentations, inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-priority environment.
- Ability to handle difficult conversations and deescalate employees, staff, and parents.
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- May work prolonged or irregular hours.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
Apply on company website