DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgical Technologist
*** $10,000 Signing Bonus Eligible for Qualified Candidates ***
Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday from 6am-4:30pm with Rotating Call
Location: Medical City Children's Hospital
Medical City Children's Hospital, a part of Medical City Dallas, is a 220-bed comprehensive and specialized children's hospital providing advanced pediatric health care for young patients of all ages, from newborns to teenagers. Pediatric specialties at Medical City Children's Hospital include pediatric cardiac surgery, pediatric emergency services, pediatric cancer care (hematology and oncology), pediatric orthopedics, neurosurgery, craniofacial surgery, pediatric transplant and kidney care, and a Level IV NICU.
Medical City Children's Hospital in Dallas is the only hospital in North Texas with a core team of cardiovascular specialists - including some of the nation's leading heart specialists - who treat congenital heart defects and heart disease in both pediatric and adult patients. Our facility is home to both Medical City Children's Hospital and Medical City Dallas, so we are uniquely qualified to treat hearts of all sizes and offer continuing care throughout your child's life. The Congenital Heart Program accommodates more than 400 children annually who undergo heart operations. We are also a Gold Level Center of Excellence for cardiac and respiratory ECMO.
Kristine Guleserian, MD, Director of the Congenital Heart Surgery Program at Medical City Children's Hospital, is board-certified in general surgery, thoracic surgery and congenital heart surgery. With more than 15 years of experience, Dr. Guleserian cares for neonates, infants, children, adolescents and adults with congenital heart defects. Among numerous awards and accomplishments, Dr. Guleserian has been named a Top Doctor by U.S. News and World Report and was named a Best Pediatric Specialist in Cardiothoracic Surgery by D Magazine for six consecutive years. Her book entitled “Surgeon's Story” was published in 2017 and she is the first woman to lead a Congenital Heart Program in the United States.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgical Technologist Job Summary:
- Collaborates with physician and Registered Nurses to serve in support role within O.R.
- Responsible for supplies, instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical cases.
- Proficient in surgical environment as surgical assistant passing instruments and assisting the physician during surgical cases.
- Organizational and time management skill required.
- Care and maintenance of surgical instruments.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact:
- Michael Lawless, Recruiter at Michael.Lawless@hcahealthcare.com
- Kristine J. Guleserian M.D., Director of Congenital Heart Surgery Program at Kristine.Guleserian@hcahealthcare.com
Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgical Technologist Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited educational program for Surgical Technologist and current CST or completion of an appropriate training program for Surgical Technology in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service or employed to practice Surgical Technology in a healthcare facility prior to September 1, 2009 required.
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website