DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Social Worker - Transplant Services
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday
Location: Medical City Dallas
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Transplant Services Social Worker Job Summary:
The Transplant Social Worker will assist in the facilitation of care across the continuum for transplant patient care needs with a focus on the following:
- Perform biopsychosocial assessment of the patient to meet their healthcare needs; obtain information from the patient; based on assessment; diagnose, provide therapeutic interventions and make referrals as appropriate; provide supportive counseling to aid adjustment to patient's illness.
- Evaluate the clinical needs of the patient, recommend treatment plans, develop and implement appropriate plan of care to include discharge planning and follow-up care.
- Collaboration with transplant team members, families and community resources to enhance optimal patient outcomes is essential.
- Maintain proper documentation.
QualificationsTransplant Services Social Worker Job Requirements:
- Master's degree in social work from a school accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- Current license by the State of Texas Board of Social Work examiners through the Texas Department of Health.
- LCSW preferred.
- Experience working with transplant patients is preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website