DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
As defined by the American College of Surgeons, under the supervision of the director/manager or designee, the certified first assistant, provides aid in exposure, homeostasis, and other technical functions that help the surgeon carry out a safe operation with optimal results for the patient. This role will vary with the surgical operation, and the specialty area. The certified first assistant must demonstrate application of knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and other education with additional training in the use of surgical instruments on tissues versus the handling of instruments, and must practice in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the organization.
Medical City Fort Worth is a 320-bed facility offering comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services, including cardiac care, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, kidney transplant surgery, and emergency care. Medical City Fort Worth serves as a tertiary referral center for Tarrant County and other counties within a 90-mile radius. Established in 1974, and Accredited by The Joint Commission, Medical City Fort Worth continues to achieve national recognition for cutting-edge diagnostic treatment and exceptional patient care.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Medical City Fort Worth, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Student Loan Repayment
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education and Training Experience Required
- Graduate of a one or two year program of Surgical Technology with certification as a CST.
- Maintenance of continuing education, required.
- Completion of an accredited surgical first assistant program (including didactic and clinical practicum) with certification as a Surgical First Assistant or
- Completion of a surgical first assistant program meeting minimal requirements of the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
- AND if performing Vein Harvesting must complete and document the following:
- Certificate of Training that includes a didactic presentation, leg model training, cadaver laboratory training and case observation in Endoscopic vessel harvesting.
- AND if performing wound closure must complete and document the following:
- Competency for performing the function of wound closure for subcutaneous and skin prior to performing activities.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE: Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Certified First Assistant (CFA) through National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) required.
- Current BCLS certification, required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Minimum 5 years' experience as Certified Surgical Tech, required and
- Documentation of a minimum of one year of current operating room experience as a certified surgical first assistant required
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website