DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Division AVP of Infection Prevention
Medical City Healthcare
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as an Assistant VP of Infection Prevention.
The Division AVP of Infection Prevention provides direction for and management of Infection Prevention coordinators, managers, Infection Prevention and Control Department.
You will be responsible for establishing the mission, vision, planning, direction, assessment and leadership for effective infection prevention and control programs for hospitals and outpatient services in areas of surveillance, reporting, prevention and control of infections including related regulatory compliance, accreditation standard compliance and quality/performance improvement. You will also serve as infection control officer as delegated by Division Chief Medical Officer or Epidemiologist.
- Provides strategic and operational direction for the framework of an integrated approach to Infection Prevention and Control program.
- Directs and coordinates division-wide infection prevention and control program through a variety of activities involving medical staff and personnel to ensure protection of patients, families, visitors, employees and healthcare personnel providing services in facilities from acquiring or disseminating an infection.
- Provides administrative direction and organization for all epidemic investigations related to Healthcare associated or community-acquired infections and/or occupational exposures in order to assure necessary patient safety and risk management practices are addressed following current evidence-based approach and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates, develops and provides education and educational materials regarding disease transmission and practices for infection prevention and control for all system entities.
- Provides leadership and consultation to medical staff and leadership.
- Coordinates and participates in reporting of infection control information to appropriate medical staff and department committees, administration and hospital or division committees
- Directs performance improvement process and reporting for infection prevention and control on behalf of administration.
- Coordinates medical and hospital research projects regarding infection prevention and control issues, outcomes and cost-benefit studies.
- Has responsibility for human resources management within areas of responsibility to achieve quality services and maintain positive employee relations.
- Promotes professional development of self and staff
- Provides direction for fiscal management for department operations to ensure proper utilization of financial resources.
- Provides administrative direction and leadership in emergency preparedness related to infection prevention and control, including emerging and reemerging diseases, bioterrorism, natural disasters and other issues.
- Maintains a working knowledge of and provides information to ensure compliance with rules, regulations and recommendations from Federal, State, and accrediting agencies as they relate to infection prevention and control.
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region's largest, most comprehensive health care providers in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and includes 14 hospitals, 8 off-campus emergency rooms, 11 ambulatory surgery centers, more than 4,400 active physicians and 17,000 employees.
As part of HCA (NYSE: HCA), we lead the industry in putting patients first. Our physicians, staff and hospital leaders are committed to offering patients and their families hope and healing through quality care and advanced technology. To that end, we work every day to ensure an environment where our physicians provide strength, expertise and experience, and our partners are entrusted to act with absolute integrity.
Medical City Healthcare is committed to providing excellent care that is convenient and accessible. Our focus on patient safety and quality is grounded in evidence-based medicine and is delivering better outcomes for our patients every day. As part of our continuous quality improvements, Medical City Healthcare benchmarks our rankings in emergency department wait times, door-to-balloon times and key service line indicators as reported by CMS.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
Current Certification in Infection Control (CIC).
Master's degree in a healthcare clinical or healthcare administration-related field preferred but not required.
Minimum of 5 years experience in acute care setting with least 3 years in infection prevention and control and 2 years of management experience (including experience working with physicians and various levels of hospital management).
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website